JSM Injury Firm APC Can Help With Your California Public Entity Liability Claims

We represent people who suffer serious injuries caused by a government entity (i.e. public school, government agency, metro, etc.) negligence. We have years of experience in helping people who suffer serious injuries caused by a public entity. Call us at (949) 404-4826 or contact us here.

What is a Government Liability Claim?

A government liability claim is any personal injury claim against a public entity. Government entities are responsible for public safety and the maintenance of public property. Sometimes, government entities do not properly maintain their property. Our job is to make sure they are held accountable for any damages.

How Your Government Can be Liable

We all have a right to safe, clean streets and sidewalks as well as safe schools or other government facilities such as a fire station, police station or public building. Sometimes, government entities fail to keep these public facilities safe for the public. A government liability claim may be able to help you recover damages if a public entity creates an unreasonably dangerous situation and caused you harm. This includes accidents involving government owned busses, cars, trains, etc.

Special Statute of Limitations for Public Entity Personal Injury Claims in California

Government entities in California have a special statute of limitations for personal injury claims against them. An injury victim must file a claim with the government agency within six months of the date of injury. If you have a government liability claim, consult with JSM Injury Firm APC to learn if you have any recourse against the government entity that caused your injury.

How Can You Get Compensation For Your Injuries?

Government liability claims may be complicated. You will need an attorney with experience handling these kinds of claims. If it is determined that the public entity is at fault, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages if you missed work and often medical expenses payments, pain and suffering, and other damages depending on the facts of your case.

What Kinds of Injuries Can Result From Government Liability Claims?

Generally, there are two types of injuries: physical and emotional. Physical injuries include broken bones, lacerations and dislocations. Government liability claims can also result from wrongful deaths. Emotional injuries may result from a governmental entity’s negligence in the death of your loved one or other serious injury to yourself or another person. The emotional trauma may be short-term (acute stress disorder) or long term (post traumatic stress disorder).

What is Government Immunity?

Government entities are generally not responsible for the actions of their employees unless they are negligent. Government entities have absolute immunity from liability for the actions of their employees if those actions are in furtherance of an employee’s public duties. The government entity is responsible, however, if a governmental employee behaves outside his or her official duties. If you believe a government entity acted negligently and caused your serious injury, it is imperative to speak with a lawyer.

How can JSM Injury Firm APC help me?

JSM Injury Firm APC has experience helping people make claims against a government entity. When you are hurt due to the negligence of someone else, it can be an extremely confusing and painful process. As such, most people do not even know where to begin. The first step is to get in touch with the right person or firm that can help. This is why you should contact an attorney at JSM Injury Firm APC right away.

JSM Injury Firm APC specializes in helping clients understand their legal rights as a result of being injured due to an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or intentional acts. We never charge for our initial consultation and our goal is to give each client greater access to the legal system.

We work closely with clients to build a strong case for their personal injury claim, in order to achieve maximum compensation and benefits. The amount of time it takes us to help you will depend on the nature of your case and its severity. In some cases, we can secure an early settlement, while other cases may extend beyond trial. The best way to obtain a quick resolution to your case is often through negotiation and mediation. This will enable you to recover your maximum damages with the least amount of stress possible.

If an amicable settlement cannot be reached, we have the abilities and resources in place to take your case to court. When necessary, we are willing and able to go to trial against the government or any other party that acted negligently, using our extensive experience in personal injury litigation.

To speak with an experienced lawyer about your government liability claim, contact JSM Injury Firm APC today at 949-404-4826. Otherwise, schedule a consultation with one of a skilled personal lawyer to discuss the details of your case by filling out the form or calendar appointment below.

We represent clients through the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Ventura, San Fernando Valley, Chatsworth, Canoga Park, Burbank, Pasadena, West Covina, Riverside, Bakersfield, Fresno, Valencia, Orange County, Anaheim, Irvine, San Bernardino, San Diego, Oakland, Sacramento and the Bay Area, and most other counties in Southern California and Northern California.

    Get A Complimentary Consultation

    Your Name:

    Your Email:

    Phone Number:

    Date of Injury:

    Brief summary of your injury (list all):

    Brief summary of how the injury occurred: