JSM Injury Firm APC: Product Liability Law Firm.
We represent people who suffer serious injuries due to a defectively designed or manufactured product, or where the warning(s) associated with the product(s) provide inadequate notice of the danger involved. For years, the public knew little about this issue until several high-profile product recalls, in which many people were injured or died due to defective products. JSM Injury Firm APC is a product liability law firm. If a defective product injured you, call us at (949) 404-4826.
Schedule a free consult or second opinion by clicking here.
How Can A Defective Product Cause Injury?
A defective product can be dangerous and result in an injury, like back pain or physical pain. A consumer can be injured by a defective product in any of the following ways:
A Product Has an Inadequate Warning.
If the manufacturer, retailer or other entity responsible for the distribution of a product fails to provide adequate warnings regarding the dangers associated with using that product, the product can cause injuries. For example, if a consumer uses a power tool and the manufacturer fails to provide any warnings about the use or potential dangers of the tool, the manufacturer can be held liable for any injuries caused by its product. Even more, the manufacturer will still be liable if warnings are included but are incomplete or lacking in some manner.
A Product Has a Manufacturing Defect.
If the design or manufacture of a product is defective, and that product causes injury to a consumer, the manufacturer of the product can be held liable for any injury that may occur.
A Product Has a Design Defect.
In some cases, a product can have a design defect that makes it inherently unsafe for its intended purpose. Keep in mind, the term design does not refer to appearance. Rather, it refers to the way in which the various parts of the product relate. In some cases, a “dangerous design” may be determined by examining the function of the product. Simply put, the design of a product is defective if it fails to perform as safely as an ordinary consumer would expect when used in a reasonably foreseeable manner.
What To Do After Suffering A Product Defect Injury.
The following is a list of the top five things you can do after suffering an injury by a defective or unsafe product:
- Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible and file a lawsuit. Note you only have a limited period after your injury to contact an attorney and file a claim so do not delay. JSM Injury Firm APC has a product defect lawyer ready to help you.
- Examine the item closely for defects and take pictures of it if possible. Do not clean or alter the item, as it may destroy vital evidence. Remember to keep all documents concerning the item and its use, as well as your treatment.
- Even if you think filing a lawsuit will be too costly or unlikely to lead to a settlement, an attorney will not charge you unless they win or settle your case.
- Know that you have rights to compensation for a defective or unsafe product, and that this does not mean you were responsible for the injury.
- Seek immediate medical treatment and witness statements from your family members and anyone else who saw you fall or was present when the injury occurred.
Contact JSM Injury Firm, a product liability law firm, for free consultation and legal advice at (949) 404-4826.
Compensation Available to Compensation a Product Liability Injury Victim for the Accident or Injury.
If you have been injured due to a defective product negligently designed, manufactured or distributed, there are legal remedies that can be pursued on behalf of you, your spouse or a loved one. You can receive compensation for the physical injuries, emotional distress, and other losses caused by the defective product. Compensation is also available to recover expenses, like medical bills and lost wages. An experienced personal injury attorney at JSM Injury Firm can help you determine if you are eligible for compensation and what type of compensation you may be entitled to. We handle cases throughout California, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Orange County, San Bernardino and Ventura.
Contact JSM Injury Firm to Discuss Your Product Defect Case.
A product defect can cause severe injury and even death, and those injured by defective products often need significant medical care and may not work for some time. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a defective product, contact JSM Injury Firm, a product liability law firm, for free consultation and legal advice at (949) 404-4826.
Click here to schedule a free consultation or second opinion.